Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī and more popularly simply as Rumi.
His words will teach you about compassion, unconditional love for others and yourself.
Here are 15 sentences that can change your look on life if you understand them.
1. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul, there is no separation.
2. I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.
3. Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
4. The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself, everything that you want you already are.
5. Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
6. Know that one day, your pain will become your cure.
7. Stop acting so small, you are the universe in ecstatic motion.
8. It’s your road and yours alone others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
9. If you find me not within you, you will never find me. For I have been with you, from the beginning of me.
10. Love is the bridge between you and everything.
11. If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?
12. What you seek is seeking you.
13. Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world, today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
14. The wound is the place where the light enters You.
15. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere, they are in each other all along.