Regularly we get a problem when we try to configure our official email ID with Outlook, Its very simple to configure but due to one to two mistake we normally make it very complicated.
So here are the simple steps with the clear images for you to configure the Official email account with Outlook.
Just before Starting the configuration let’s be ready with the below details.
1. A name for displaying in email recipient
2. An official Email address ( email@example.com )
3. Email password
4. Incoming mail server (mail.domain.com)
5. Outgoing mail server (mail.domain.com)
Open the Outlook on your desktop.
Click on Tools and then Account Settings
Under the Email tab click on New
Choose Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP
Select the box at the bottom – Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and click Next
Choose Internet E-mail and click Next
Fill in all the information listed below;
- Your name: How you would like your name to be displayed in your messages
- E-mail Address: Your full E-mail address example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account Type: Choose either IMAP or POP3
- Incoming mail server: mail.domain.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.domain.com
- User Name: Your full E-mail example: email@example.com
- Password: If you wish for Outlook to save your password, check the box labeled Remember Password and enter your password in the text field
After filling the correct details, click on “More Settings” button at the bottom right
Click on the Outgoing Server tab and
check off My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and
choose Use same settings as my incoming mail server
Then click Next
Under Incoming Server (POP3) , the port number should be set to 110.
Under Outgoing Server (SMTP) , the port number should be set to 25 or 587.
Don’t forget to Click on ” Leave a copy of message on server” and
check off the “Remove from server after” Where normal people do mistake and after certain days they lose their previous mails.
Click Next, Click Finish.
Here you done with the Outlook Configuration.
Do let us know if this was helpful for you.